For those looking for high titer (up to 10 g/L for standard mAbs) and robust performance in CHO cells, GPEx® Boost combines two proven technologies for a synergistic effect on protein productivity. For those in non-CHO cells, original GPEx® technology enables high-performance (up to 7 g/L) and highly stable production cell lines in CHO, HEK293, PER.C6, CAP and a variety of other mammalian cells.
HOW GPEX WORKS
- Stability demonstrated up to 100 generations. No need for selectable markers
- Stable pools are generated from the outset and removes stability testing from the critical path.
- 12 commercially approved products use GPEx® technology
- 120+ ongoing clinical trials with therapeutic candidates developed utilizing GPEx® technology
- 600+ different antibodies/antibody fusions
- 80+ different recombinant proteins
Building on years of proven expertise, Catalent has further optimized its GPEx® cell line technology to develop GPEx® Boost, the next generation in cell line development. The technology combines Catalent’s proven GPEx® expression platform with the CHOZN® glutamine synthase (GS) knock-out Chinese hamster ovary (CHO) cell line* to improve the ability of cells to produce high titers and increase specific productivities of a protein of interest.
- Up to 10 g/L titer for standard mAbs
- Up to four-fold higher titers in difficult-to-express proteins
- Reduced ammonia build up leading to improved cell growth and viability
- Can be used with SMARTag® bioconjugation technology for development of antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs)
- Commercially-approved and industry-accepted GPEx® and GS knock-out technologies
- Same stability benefits as enjoyed with original GPEx® technology
Note: GPEx and SMARTag are registered trademarks of Catalent, Inc. or its affiliates or subsidiaries.
* Catalent has licensed the CHOZN® GS cell line from Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany or its affiliates. CHOZN® is a registered trademark of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany or its affiliates.