Cell Line Development
GENERATION OF STABLE, HIGH-PERFORMANCE CELL LINES USING GPEX TECHNOLOGY
GPEx® cell line development technology is a proven technology that generates high-performance, highly stable, production cell lines in a wide variety of mammalian host cells, including: CHO-S, CHO-K1, CHO-DG44, HEK293, CAP and others. Virtually any cDNA (mAb and multigenic applications) can be packaged into the GPEx® retrovector and used to transduce your choice of mammalian cell line. To date, over 500 different mAb and mAb fusions and over 70 different recombinant proteins have been produced using the GPEx® system, with 50+ GPEx® cell lines in clinical trials and 10+ commercially approved products.
HOW GPEX WORKS
GPEx® technology uses a retrovector technology that ensures the stable transduction of targeted cells, approaching 100% efficiency. This level of efficiency eliminates the requirement for selectable markers and stable clonal cell lines are produced rapidly. GPEx® technology utilizes additional transductions to increase copy number or to add other complementary genes.
- Productivity from 50 to over 100 picograms per cell, per day
- Final titers up to 7 gm/L in fed-batch bioreactor systems
- Stability demonstrated up to 100 generations. No need for selectable markers
- From cDNA to 100s of milligrams of protein from early cell pool
- Rapid production of a Master Cell Bank (MCB)
- Stable pools are generated from the outset and removes stability testing from the critical path
- 10+ commercially marketed mAbs use GPEx Technology
- 50+ products in clinical trials
- 500+ different antibodies / antibody fusions
- 70+ different recombinant proteins