AAV, or adeno-associated virus, is considered the gold standard for in vivo gene delivery transfer and has become the leading viral vector choice for gene therapies today. As one of the field’s most effective delivery tools, AAV has shown strong clinical success and recent improvements in related technology and system approaches have made AAV production an efficient means to meet clinical and commercial requirements.
Catalent Cell & Gene Therapy is a leading expert in producing all AAV vectors across multiple serotypes (1, 2, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10) and has proven experience in triple transfection in both adherent and suspension cell cultures. We are ready to partner with you to develop the optimal growth conditions for your AAV program.
Our experience spans all major scalable production systems, including:
- Transient Mammalian Production in Suspension 293 Cells
- Transient Mammalian Production with Adherent 293 Cells
- BEVS Mediated Production in Sf9 Cells
- HSV Mediated Production in Suspension 293 & BHK cells
We have produced more than 90 AAV CGMP clinical batches of:
- Suspension Transient Transfections
- >50,000L transfected HEK293 suspension culture combined between multiple campaigns
- Suspension HSV Co-Infections
- >4,000L co-infected in HEK293 suspension culture combined between multiple campaigns
- HSV production in HYPERStacks® cell culture vessels
- Adherent Transient Transfections
- >50 CGMP iCELLis® Bioreactor 500 productions